TGDOC Publications Committee
The TGDOC Publications Committee performs several functions to support TGDOC Member Registries and ensure the high-quality output of publications using collective TGDOC registry data. The committee also grants permission for use of the TREAT-NMD Logo on any publication. Please email TGDOCpublications@treat-nmd.com to get in touch.
Functions of the TGDOC Publications Committee
- Collect, showcase and promote all publications which have been produced using data from TGDOC Member Registries
- Provide advice and assistance to those looking to carry out research using TGDOC Member Registries
- Check all acknowledgements and citations are correctly referenced
- Review and vet all abstracts for posters/presentations using collective TGDOC registry data
- Review all requests for permission to use the TREAT-NMD logo on any publication
When to contact the TGDOC Publications Committee
There are a few situations where your registry should contact the TGDOC Publications Committee:
- If your registry has produced a publication using data from more than one TGDOC Member Registry, you should send the final draft to the Publication Committee at least 28 days before the publication deadline. The committee will ensure acknowledgements and citations are correct and will respond within 14 days. The committee will ensure all TGDOC Member Registries whose data is represented in the publication consent to their data being published and will approve use of the TREAT-NMD logo on the publication (this may be subject to certain minor revisions).
- If your TGDOC Member Registry produced a publication using only data from your own registry, the TGDOC Publications Committee does not require this to be submitted for review and vetting of content, however permission is still required for use of the TREAT-NMD logo. A final draft should be submitted to the TGDOC Publications Committee at least 14 days before the publication deadline, and the committee will respond within 7 days.
- If your registry has been involved in a historical publication which is not listed on the TREAT-NMD website, please make the TGDOC Publications Committee aware of this and provide a link so the publication can be added to the TREAT-NMD library.
- If your registry is considering or planning a new publication, the TGDOC Publications Committee are available for advice and assistance and are happy to be contacted to discuss any questions or ideas.
The TGDOC Communications Committee can be contacted by emailing TGDOCpublications@treat-nmd.com
When the TGDOC Publications Committee will contact your registry
The Publications Committee will contact your registry via the TREAT-NMD Secretariat in the following circumstances:
- When data from your TGDOC Member Registry is used collectively with other TGDOC Member Registry data in a publication, the committee will ensure your registry consents to the data being published. Your registry will be sent a final draft of any such publication for approval.
What is outside the remit of the TGDOC Publications Committee
- The TGDOC Publications Committee does not have the power, and it will not be their role to veto any publications. If a publication does not meet the expected standards for a TREAT-NMD publication then the committee may only refuse use of the TREAT-NMD logo unless suggested revisions are made.
- The TGDOC Publications Committee is not required to review the content of a publication produced from a single TGDOC Member Registry unless specifically requested to do so by that registry.
Who are the TGDOC Publications Committee and how is it governed?
The current members of the TGDOC Publications Committee are listed below. The committee is advisory to the TGDOC Executive Board and is guided by a Terms of Reference document.
Please use TGDOCpublications@treat-nmd.com to contact the committee.
Dr. El Sherif received her training on muscle disease in the National Institute of Neuroscience, NCNP, Tokyo Japan under the supervision of Dr. Ikuya Nonaka, who supervised her Doctorate degree …Egypt
Dr Campbell practices at the Children’s Hospital-London Health Sciences Centre and at the University of Western Ontario, where he is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Clinical Neurology, and Epidemiology and …Canada
Vitaliy Matyushenko is the President of Ukrainian Charitable Foundation “Children with Spinal Muscular Atrophy” since it was founded in 2004. He has a daughter who has been diagnosed with Spinal …Ukraine
Dr. Harumasa NAKAMURA has been practicing as a physician and neurologist for almost 20 years. He served Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency as a reviewer 2005-2006 and 2012-2014. He visited …Japan