SMA Europe is an umbrella organisation, founded in 2006, which includes Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) patient and research organisations from across Europe.
Our aims are:
- to provide a framework to stimulate collaboration,
- accelerate translational research pathways in SMA,
- promote patient care.
Co-operation between these European organisations is meant to enhance and support the existing efforts of each association by identifying areas for collaboration that are mutually advantageous:
- to improve the quality of life of individuals with Spinal Muscular Atrophy,
- to promote the interests of SMA patients in European health policy;
- to raise awareness of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) with the general public, healthcare practitioners, scientists and industry;
- to identify, develop, promote and implement the best practice for SMA;
- to promote and sustain scientific and medical research in all fields of Spinal Muscular Atrophy;
- to increase collaboration between member countries.