SMA Europe is an umbrella organisation, founded in 2006, which includes Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) patient and research organisations from across Europe.
We work to bring effective treatments and optimal care to everyone who lives with spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). Together, through greater understanding we will create a better world for all those who live with SMA.
Co-operation between these European organisations is meant to enhance and support the existing efforts of each association by identifying areas for collaboration that are mutually advantageous:
- to improve the quality of life of individuals with Spinal Muscular Atrophy,
- to promote the interests of SMA patients in European health policy;
- to raise awareness of Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) with the general public, healthcare practitioners, scientists and industry;
- to identify, develop, promote and implement the best practice for SMA;
- to promote and sustain scientific and medical research in all fields of Spinal Muscular Atrophy;
- to increase collaboration between member countries.
Main Email Address:
3 Glebe Fold, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6JP, UK.