Muscular Dystrophy Association of New Zealand
The Muscular Dystrophy Association of New Zealand aims to provide personal support and information, as well as influence and promote equality of opportunity for those New Zealanders living with neuromuscular conditions.ons.
Anyone with an interest in neuromuscular conditions can become a member of Muscular Dystrophy Association of NZ Inc via one of four local branches. Members include those with a neuromuscular condition, family members, friends and carers, health professionals and education professionals.
Services on offer include…
- Specialised information regarding neuromuscular conditions
- Promotion and education
- Quarterly publication of In Touch magazine
- Advocacy on behalf of members
- Liaison with health, disability and social welfare organisations
- Free library service
- 0800 free phone outside Auckland (0800 800 337)
- Informative, user-friendly website
- Support network
- Assistance with funding applications
- Direct support with research projects through the Research Foundation
- Help with equipment provision