TREAT-NMD is a network for the neuromuscular field that provides an infrastructure to ensure that the most promising new therapies reach patients as quickly as possible. We are an international network of scientists, researchers and clinicians working in the neuromuscular field, providing an invaluable infrastructure to ensure that the most promising new therapies reach patients as quickly as possible.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this varied and challenging post is to support the development of Educational Information Programmes and to take responsibility for coordinating the delivery of Education Information Programmes, on behalf of TREAT-NMD. This will include supporting and coordinating the delivery of Education Information Programmes as face to face events, as well as via virtual/digital/e-learning formats.
The postholder will liaise and provide support to the TREAT-NMD Educational Committee (TEC) and relevant Advisory Boards who will facilitate the development and govern the quality of the education programmes, delivered globally, by TREAT-NMD.
The postholder will provide a supporting and coordinating role in the development of disease specific Standards of Care, and the translation of these into “Family Guides” for specific disease conditions, in various languages.
The post holder will work with a diverse group of international stakeholders to fulfil the objectives of the Educational Information Programmes and SoC development. This will include reporting on agreed deliverables, to meet funder requirements.
· Act as the main point of contact for all TREAT-NMD Educational Information Programmes designated to this role and all activities relating to delivering, maintaining and improving the quality of information provided
· Take the lead role in organising specifically assigned Educational Information Programmes (eg Masterclasses) and any associated workshops required, that are designed to educate clinicians about rare disease, its mechanism of action, diagnosis, genetics, care treatment and ethical issues.
· Provide support for the coordination and delivery of Educational Information Programmes, as either Face to Face programmes at predetermined venues, or as virtual/digital programmes and/or e- learning programmes
· Provide a supporting role in the development of disease specific Standards of Care, which will also be used to inform educational Information Programmes
· Take full responsibility for the logistical planning and coordinating delivery of the Educational Information Programmes
· Take responsibility for coordinating the translation and website hosting of any new standards of care “Family Guides” for specific disease conditions.
· Organise internal and external activities and events relating to the programme of work, includingregular conference calls and face to face meetings between all stakeholders, partners, Advisory Boards and the TEC.
· Oversee the and manage specific education budgets whilst working towards defined objectives, standards and deadlines, to ensure that finances are appropriately and efficiently managed, including managing all associated invoicing
· Proactively seek to secure contracts and funding for new and existing Informational Education Programmes and associated activities
· Provide administrative support and cover for others, when needed and directed by line manager.
· Take responsibility for identifying own learning needs.
· Other duties including international travel as required.